Peace Harbor Hospital will host an open house on Saturday, Oct. 13, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Peace Harbor Hospital lobby.
This open house is a great opportunity for the community to come see the advances in medical care on the Oregon coast and explore the many ways this hospital and its caregivers are not just keeping pace but leading the pack.
• Meet several specialty surgeons giving presentations on topics of expertise. Dr. Watanabe, orthopedic surgeon, will discuss the latest advances in knee surgery with the real advantage of patient specific instrumentation. Dr. Stewart, OB/gyn surgeon and Dr. Stauffer, general surgeon, will discuss new treatments that use minimally invasive surgery techniques to improve outcomes and shorten recovery times.
• Guided tours through the Imaging, Surgery and OB departments.
• Learn tips for wellness through diet and exercise.
• Free vascular screenings for the first 12 eligible participants.
• Respiratory therapists will use a screening tool to help identify who may be at risk for COPD. Screening alone does not confirm a COPD diagnosis; however, using the final screening score, clinicians will perform a simple lung function test to the first 40 people to confirm a COPD diagnosis.For the complete article see the 10-10-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 10-10-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook